Assalamualaikum fellas :) FOLLOW? | DASHBOARD?



Alya :) <body>
Entries

Alya

Links

Status
Discrimination
March 1, 2015 | 4:34:00 PM | 0 vanilla(s)





"Nak ambik bidang apa?"
"Computer science"

This kind of conversation usually ends up with one of the following responses,


          "Memang minat komputer ke?"
          "Tak minat doktor ke?"
          "Oooo orang IT la ni"
          "Tak susah ke?"
          "Ohh nanti laptop rosak bolehlah hantar"
          "Ada kerja ke nanti"
          "Apa tu"


These are the typical responses I received every single time. 

You see, some people have this mentality like, if you want to pursue something other than medicine or engineering , you are lame.
(No offence to people who are pursuing medicine & engineering, seriously)

And for some people, when they have problems related to computers they'll instantly refer to me as if I know everything. As if I have the superpower to communicate with computer and tell the computer " Please be okay right now"


I've encountered this type of discrimination many many times like, just because I said I want to pursue my study in something related to computer, people expect me to know everyyyy single minor little tiny  trivial  (insert every synonyms here) things about computer.

And when I don't, they give me this look. That kind of look that indirectly says,

"Aren't you a computer student?"
"Didn't you say you're going to study about computer?"
"Kata belajar komputer?"
"Kata minat komputer?"

Well, did you go to a  student who is still in his or her pre u level to perform surgery just because they said they want to pursue medicine one day?

Yes seriously there are some geniuses who meet the expectations (There are a lot in my class tbh) but I'm just not one of them. I pursue computer science because I want to learn about computer, not because I know everything about it. Furthermore, I'm just in my foundation level. I haven't even progressed to a degree level yet. How am I supposed to know everything (-_-)

I'll try my best to help if I know about it, just don't give me the look as if you're blaming me for not knowing. It irks me.

Don't question people's passions in life. If you have passion in something, go for it. Nothing is easy, that's why you need passion -- it'll drive you even how hard it's going to be.


← Older | Newer →
Hello :3


Nur Alya Aqilah Binti Hassan A former student of SMKA Sheikh Abdul Malek, Kuala Terengganu. Perfectly imperfect. Abnormally obsessed with F O O D and was born on 28th of June 1996
Allah is my everything




Board;


Leave me your message here :3



Tweets



Status


If I'm so wrong, how can you listen all night longggg....

Now Playing - Disenchanted by MCR